2020 is around the corner and if 2019 is any indication of what’s to come…there’s going to be a lot more changes. Digital marketing is a constantly changing industry and very few practises stand the test of time. For example, ethical link building services will always be popular because backlinks are an integral part of Google’s ranking system. However, practices like keyword stuffing and content less than 250 words are no longer relevant in today’s digital climate. Digital marketing may be quite a new concept, but it is already evolving away from what it once was. As this digital marketing agency jacksonville shows, the sector is modernising to appeal to a new generation of digital users. Videos and graphics are in and text is out, and websites are more interactive than ever before. So, we asked experts at Bidtellect their predictions for the new year and what emerged was that as privacy moves to the forefront of conversation, so, too, will shifts in quality, ad types, and creative. Read on.
What are your predictions for the industry in 2020?
1. Privacy will play a major role in 2020 strategy with CCPA going into effect along with existing GDPR.
“The issue that will have the biggest impact on all digital marketing efforts in 2020, but particularly digital advertising campaigns, is privacy. Specifically, the use of and reliance on personal consumer information in advertising, and how the use of that information will be regulated, protected, and limited. Marketers must factor this into all their digital advertising plans in 2020”
– Lon Otremba, CEO
– Terah Bocchi, VP of Sales
– Kyle Suhan, Sr. Frontend Deveoper
– Mike Conway, Chief Technology Officer
2. With Facebook under greater scrutiny for false accounts and shady ad placement, it’s time to start thinking beyond social, while DSPs will move to the forefront thanks to greater scale and optimization capabilities.
“Non-social native spending will decline and content distributions DSPs will benefit from that revenue!”
– Lisa Friedman, Director of Sales – East
“2020 – year of SPO. Clients will look to get a better understanding of DSPs supply paths to ensure they are not paying any unneeded tech tax.”
– Mike Feeley, VP Supply Partnerships
3. Ad types will continue to advance and evolve, from format to design.
“Each year, we see emerging trends with design. 2020 will be no exception to really explore surrealism and vivid, almost futuristic colors. Surrealism will be especially effective for retail clients to really showcase their products in a majestic way. The term “Zero Gravity” has been tossed around – images, text and copy will float on your page. We’ll begin to see a layered mix of portrait photography and bold digital design with simple minimalist shapes. [b]+studio is excited about these new trends and will begin testing out new imagery with a mixed use for our clients in 2020.”
– Missy Steiner, VP of Marketing
“I believe with consumers gaining more access to 5G, video ads will become more common and dynamic on mobile sites.”
– Tim Chidsey, Quality Engineer