In these uncertain times, social distancing and self-isolation have become the new normal. If you’re healthy, you need to stay that way – now more than ever. Bidtellectuals share some favorite recipes to get you through the week – that will bring a little love to your belly and hopefully a smile to your face.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Vegan!
Thanks to: Charlotte Otremba, Sr. Manager Marketing and Communications
“This is my favorite banana bread recipe. If you don’t have apple sauce, you can sub peanut butter (which I kind of like better anyway), and I add shredded coconut for extra flavor. Perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert – with a little vegan butter spread :)”
by Sadia Badiei, Registered Dietitian, PickUpLimes.com
Smoky Mac ‘n Cheese
Chicken Chili in CrockPot
- 3 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 1 16oz Jar of Salsa, preferably On The Border
- Garlic Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1 Can Mexicorn
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Rotel
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Layer Frozen Chicken Breasts with Jar of Salsa. Add Garlic Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper to taste
- Cook on Low for 5 hours
- Pull apart / shred chicken in CrockPot
- Add Mexicorn (drained), Black Beans (drained), and Rotel
- Stir and continue cooking on Low for another hour
- To serve: Using crushed tortilla chips as a base layer, add Chicken Chili and finish with Shredded Cheese
2 Ingredient CrockPot Pork Chops
“My Go-To Roast Chicken”
“Grandma’s Easy Chicken Enchiladas!”
Thanks to: Terah Bocchi, SVP, Sales
“There is no official recipe for this as my grandma and mom have been making this since we were kids! I only know how to eyeball the measurements so here it goes! It was one of my favorites and now my kids beg for it every week! It is so easy!”
- 4 cooked/shredded chicken breasts (or cheat and grab a whole roast chicken already cooked and shred)
- Corn tortillas – bag of 24
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 10 oz cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz Bag of Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Get a out a rectangular baking pan
Shred the cooked chicken breasts or whole roast chicken (I prefer a whole roast chicken already done from the store…no work!).
- In a bowl mix together, sour cream, cream of chicken and chilies.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave so they easily roll
- In a corn tortilla put about 3tbsp of chicken and 1tbsp of cheese, roll up and place in a baking pan, repeat till pan full.
- Top with bowl mix and sprinkle cheese across top
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45min
- Eat with salsa, guacamole and some chips!
Lemon Garlic Baked Drumsticks
Thanks to: Lisa Friedman, Sales Director, Northeast
“After a quick marinade, these drumsticks bake in the oven in no time and stay extremely tender and juicy. The high heat helps the skin get nice and crispy for a perfectly baked drumstick!“
by Makinze Gore at Delish.com
Joanna Gaines’s Bacon Bottom Chicken
“The cookie recipe you didn’t know you needed!”
- 1 box – Marble Cake Mix (Can’t find? Yellow cake mix will work and Cocoa Powder)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
Mix together the cake mix (without the packet of cocoa if you are using the marble mix) and the rest of the ingredients. Scoop 1/3 of the mixture into a small side bowl, add 1 tbsp water and the chocolate packet (or 2 tbsp of cocoa powder if you are using just a plain box of yellow cake mix). Once the cocoa is combined, add it back to the main dough, stirring 8-10 times to gentlly combine creating a marbled appearance.
Bake at 350 for 9 – 10 minutes
Easy Lemon Bundt Cake
Want more need-to-know info?
Subscribe to our monthly Bidtellectual newsletter!