Happy (almost) 4th of July! Here’s to celebrating (safely, at a distance) with loved ones this weekend to commemorate our nation’s independence! Now is the time to come together. Congratulations to Star Bidtellectual Asdrubal Hernandez!

Facebook and the Stop Hate For Profit Campaign

In case you missed it, the Stop Hate for Profitt campaign began last month to pressure Facebook to change its policies surrounding hate speech and misinformation. Since then, more than 400 companies, including some of the platform’s biggest advertisers like Hershey, Clorox and Microsoft, have paused advertising spend. Facebook’s advertising accounts for 98% of its revenue. Zuckerberg says the boycott won’t change Facebook’s principles, but he has agreed to meet with Stop Hate for Prot organizers. As if we needed another reminder to advertise outside social media. Convert those ads to the open web, already.

Google Released Its Ad Spend

In blog posts! Can you believe it? The move aims to put to rest speculation about Google’s ad fees and offer greater transparency into its processes. ICYMI, here’s the breakdown: In Google tech, publishers receive 69% of every advertiser dollar spent and Google takes the other 31%. Google’s DSP, DV360, takes an average of 13 cents of every $1 an advertiser spends and Google Ad Manager then charges an average of18 cents to the publisher. Google Ads, where advertisers extend search campaigns into display, takes an average of 14% of every $1 an advertiser spends.

Mark Your Calendars for July 7th

It’s Blackout Day 2020, a movement to “put your money where your mouth is” in the fight against racial injustice. The move is twofold: consumers are encouraged to only buy from Black-owned businesses to bring further awareness to the cause and put money towards Black-owned businesses struggling due to the pandemic. Forbes compiled a great list of black-owned businesses to check out and EatOkra is your guide to black-owned restaurants.

Good News: Drive-In Movies and Hamilton Are Back

The return of drive-in movies may have been solidified (!!): Walmart announced a partnership with Tribeca Enterprises (of that lm festival) to convert 160 store locations into makeshift drive-in movie theaters. And Broadway smash Hamilton will stream on Disney+ starting today. If you’re like me and you know all the lyrics, the weekend will be a continuous at-home karaoke sesh to the delight of your family or housemates! Psh, you’ll want to be in the room where it happens.

Stay safe and stay healthy, friends.

Charlotte

Want more need-to-know info? Subscribe to our monthly Bidtellectual newsletter!


Charlotte Otremba is Sr. Manager of Communications and Marketing at Bidtellect.

Which Social Platforms Banned Trump and How to Adjust Your Creative Messaging. This Week in Digital Advertising: January 8th

Hello Bidtellectuals! When I began to draft this newsletter at the beginning of the week, the sentiment was still an excited and hopeful “Happy New Year!” Well, it feels as though 2020 is having a good laugh at us. We send our fervent hopes and prayers to Washington...

Valentine’s Day 2021: What Digital Marketers Need to Know This Year

Valentine’s Day trends and predictions for 2021. The holiday has evolved to be more inclusive and creative. Digital marketers should adjust messaging to the times, maximize contextual targeting and optimization, commit to a multi-channel approach.

This Week in Digital Advertising: Holiday Content Roundup, Festive Cocktails, Google Gets Sued (Again), and Latest News

This Week in Digital Advertising: Holiday Content Roundup, Festive Cocktails, Google Gets Sued (Again), and Latest News