NFT Craze, Google’s Latest Announcement, & Context + Cookies: This Week’s Newsletter: March 5th, 2021
Congratulations to Bidtellectual of the Week Todd Green!
Contextual Advertising = Answer to Post-Cookie World
Now, more than ever, customers expect personalization and relevant recommendations. But they want to know where their data is going; privacy is at the front of every consumer and advertisers’ minds. How do platforms adjust from third-party cookie identifiers to the cookieless world? How can they reach performance goals?
Bidtellect Chief Technology Officer Mike Conway weighs in on Digiday.
The Latest: Google’s Latest Announcement & the NFT Craze
- Since we all were dying for more news from Google, they made another announcement! We all knew it was coming eventually: once third-party cookies are phased out, Google will not build alternate identifiers to track individuals as they browse across the web. It will apparently have no impact on email-based identity systems such as UID 2.0 and LiveRamp’s ATS. What’s next?
- Read this op-ed in Adexchanger for a snarky opinion that I’m here for.
- Everybody’s talking about NFTs. That’s non-fungible token, if you missed it, which basically means that it’s unique and can’t be replaced with something else. NFTs can be anything digital and they are part of the Ethereum blockchain. Kings of Leon will be the first band to release their new album as an NFT and artist Grimes sold $6 million worth of digital art as NFTs. Last month, YouTuber Logan Paul sold more than $5 million worth of NFTs in the form of digital Pokémon cards. Is this just the latest blockchain craze or is it here to stay?
- Speaking of crazes, everybody and their mother is talking about Clubhouse. Is it actually here to stay?
More on Context, Contextual, and Cookies
- How Contextual Targeting Puts Privacy First While Closing the Engagement Gap Why you need a platform that incorporates contextual targeting into your digital advertising strategy
- Contextual Targeting and the Cookie-less Advertising Future Bidtellect’s contextual targeting and programmatic platform initiatives for the evolving privacy-first future.
- Watch: What Are Cookies Used for, Anyway?
- >Watch: A conversation with Bidtellect SVP of Sales Terah Bocchi on changes in the digital advertising industry post-pandemic, how brand safety needs have amplified, how to adjust creative, and changes in virtual selling and work from home.
Case Study of the Week: Consistent Conversions for a Major Energy Services Provider
A major energy service provider came to Bidtellect with one main KPI: Attract new customers from their designated markets to a landing page with a lead generation page. Read how Bidtellect delivered conversions.