Congratulations to Bidtellectual of the Week Courtney Bonkowski!
Back to School 2021: Trends and Tips to Look Out For
Could Back to School 2021 be the year that kids rejoice MORE than their parents? We gathered up the latest research and trends: high spending, more tech purchases, and a multichannel shopping approach are among the trends predicted for this year’s back-to-school shopping season as students hope for a “normal” school year – with new habits.
Onesheet Alert! Smarter Brand Safety With Context Control and IAS
You want to ensure your brand’s ads are seen positively “in the wild.” But keeping your ads safe requires an advanced, nuanced approach like “smart sentiment” targeting and natural language processing technology – not wholesale blocking. Bottom line: the more precise the classification of your content, the more control you’ll have over your brand safety. Read our 3 tips and download our onesheet.
Around the Industry:
- Consumers want faster delivery, added convenience and more interactive live events as the COVID-19 pandemic eases. Digital advertisers take note: 80% of shoppers that use a store’s Buy Online, Pick-Up In Store option (BOPIS) will continue to do so after COVID-19 safety restrictions are lifted (Mediapost).
- The Trade Desk introduced its latest DSP dashboard along with a venture capital arm. The company’s first startup investment is in the ad-bidding software company Chalice Custom Algorithms, while Solimar consolidates The Trade Desk’s data marketplace for targeting and measurement into a single interface.
- Another week, another sale: Mediaocean will acquire independent global ad server Flashtalking to create what it described as a “neutral tech platform” (whatever that means) with a combined $200 billion in annual media spend.
- Connected TV is among the fastest-growing channels in digital advertising; recent reporting projects that it will grow over 48% this year representing a $13.41 billion advertising market. This presents a significant opportunity along with significant challenges for digital advertisers.
- Oh, Canada! Retail ecommerce grew an astounding 75.0% in Canada last year, more than all but one country eMarketer forecast, indicating a promising 2021 and 2022 ahead.
- Speaking of TV, I for one am counting down to Peacock’s new series, Dr. Death. It’s based on the true story of Dr. Christopher Duntsch, a grossly incompetent and likely psychopathic surgeon who deformed and even killed his patients with his procedures. The story gained coverage thanks to the terrific and addicting podcast series of the same name, and the new TV series is already garnering great reviews.
Creatives of the Week:
New! Each week, we’ll share some of our most engaging creatives to shed some light on the magic that makes creative assets shine in the wild!
Oh, hello, didn’t see you there! (See what I did?) Anyway, check out this image on the left that offers the product clearly and unobstructed with a bright-colored background. Notice how the title and description indicate expertise (“America’s Best”) and a promotion – a guarantee for engagement. On the right, an aesthetically-pleasing image and color scheme (neutrals) in addition to clear text that promises to offer knowledge equally succeeds in earning high engagement.
Read more about Bidtellect’s creative services team, [b]+studio.
ICYMI: Adexchanger Programmatic Power Players
Bidtellect was named to Adexchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list for the second year in a row. Editors evaluated each entry based on the strength and breadth of its offerings, documented case studies, and client references.
Case Study of the Week: Retail Chain Beats CTR Goal 2x with High Impact Units
A leading regional supermarket chain felt their SSP partner falling short when it came to scale and performance. Bidtellect maximized high impact creative units and vast SSP ecosystem to scale and surpass performance goals – building an exclusive Native partnership