We send a newsletter each week to cover industry news, including Bidtellect updates. Don’t miss out! Subscribe here!
Congratulations to Bidtellectual of the Week Robert Komjathy!
Holiday Shopping 2021: What You Need to Know
Are you ready advertisers? After the 2020 shopping season performed better than expected, 2021 is shaping up to be even stronger. You can thank consumers’ growing comfort with online shopping, excitement around reuniting (safely) with family members this year, and a rebound in employment rates. The key will be to maximize an omnichannel approach, meet consumers at moments of research (because they want some help shopping!), and to start early this year.
Adweek, Nextech, and the Future of Contextual Targeting
Bidtellect CEO Lon Otremba invited guest Jeremy Cornfeldt, CEO, US of Brainlabs for a discussion on placement and context. Some takeaways: placement informs everything, a nuanced approach to context and tech is key, and context is the future.
Around the Industry:
- Is “mcommerce” the new buzzword you haven’t heard of yet??? (Because I thought it was a typo when I first read it…) Consumers are buying goods and services on their mobile devices more than ever – and will continue to. eMarketer predicts US mcommerce (mobile ecommerce) will nearly double its share of total retail sales between 2020 and 2025.
- Google is accused in a antitrust lawsuit of cutting a deal with Facebook (again) to “fix” ad rates in programmatic auctions. Two Massachusetts companies are suing.
- Criteo reported revenues of $551 million in Q2 2021, up 26% from the same period last year, while its profitability increased from $6 million to $15 million. But take it with a grain of salt: everybody’s numbers were rock bottom last year.
- Adweek kicked off its 3 day virtual Nextech event last week and it was all about brand safety and privacy. Check out our session, of course, but here’s a great one on how publishers are adjusting after third-party cookie deprecations.
- Sad! Roku viewership was hot and heavy during the pandemic, but streaming hours and active accounts declined in Q2.
Creatives of the Week:
Each week, we’ll share some of our most engaging creatives out in the wild!
These creatives showcase the power of short, sweet, and snappy copy in conjunction with beautiful photographs – people and pets perform better than stock images or animated images!
Read more about Bidtellect’s creative services team, [b]+studio.
ICYMI: Back to School Planning
We gathered up the latest research and trends for Back to School 2021 so you can plan your campaigns with confidence.
New Case Study: Leading Insurance Company Runs Test With Bidtellect, Beats Previous CPA Goal by 3X
A leading insurance company ran a test campaign with Bidtellect to test CPA and Viewability. The results landed Bidtellect a spot as their sole Native DSP partner moving forward.