This Week’s Newsletter: It’s B2B, Baby!
We send a newsletter each week to cover industry news, including Bidtellect updates. Don’t miss out! Subscribe here!
Congratulations to Bidtellectual of the Week Tyler Hazlewood!
Happy (early) Labor Day! This long weekend, we’ll pay tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers, and shed light on the importance of workers’ rights in this country.
It’s Everything B2B, Baby
The pandemic accelerated a clear shift – arguably already in the works – to online B2B sales. Omnichannel purchases have risen; digital advertising is more important than ever; the use of such things as LinkedIn automation tools, for example, has become widely known; mobile is gaining its rightful place in popularity. We compiled all the research you need to know for B2B industry post-pandemic and how to adjust your digital strategy accordingly.
Read it now: B2B Post-Pandemic: Shift to Digital & Omnichannel, Context-Driven Advertising Necessity
More on B2B: Adapting B2B to the Cookie-less Future – With Just Global
Case Study: Leading B2B Tech Company Achieves 201% Lift in Brand Awareness for New Product Line
Need a Book Rec? We Got You
Labor Day Weekend might be your last chance at true “summer reading” – outside in the warm weather, with the last exhale of summer before the busy-ness of the fall (and then the holidays!) descends. We asked Bidtellectuals for their favorite summer reads and they sent us everything from self-improvement to coming-of-age fiction to WWII history. Read the list and let us know what you read next!
Around the Industry:
- It’s time for another privacy hurdle! China’s newly passed privacy regulation, the Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL), goes into effect November 1. Out of all the privacy laws around the world, China’s new regulation most closely resembles GDPR in terms of scope and basic definitions, so those already compliant with GDPR and CCPA will have a leg up.
- According to Kantar’s Media Reactions 2021 Report, advertisers and agencies need to “look beyond the online/offline divide because almost all media are now digital in some form.” And to “embrace the least intrusive digital formats and avoid heavy frequency in more ‘irritating’ environments.”
- Intuit is in talks to buy Mailchimp for more than $10 billion, according to a report in Bloomberg on Wednesday morning. The deal would be Intuit’s largest and would strengthen its SMB offerings.
- Health club chain Planet Fitness, Inc. has selected Publicis Groupe as its new agency of record following a consolidation pitch. The Groupe wins $200 million annually on media expenditures. See ya at the gym!!!
- A glitch in Facebook‘s ad platform sent faulty data about campaigns to advertisers, specifically regarding ads on Apple iPhones. Facebook says it’s due to Apple’s new privacy rules.
- LinkedIn is pulling the plug on its short-lived “Stories” feature, a confusing addition to the professional platform in the first place.
Creatives of the Week:
Each week, we’ll share some of our most engaging creatives out in the wild!
We said it last week and we’ll say it again: celebrities are a powerful engagement tool! On the left we have comedian Aidy Bryant featured in the image for her new campaign, and including her in the copy gave this a double punch. On the right, uplifting copy combined with the colorful and powerful imagery led to high engagement.
Read more about Bidtellect’s creative services team, [b]+studio.
Case Study of the Week: Leading B2B Tech Company Achieves 201% Lift in Brand Awareness for New Product Line
Thanks to Bidtellect, the company successfully achieved CTR, Time on Site, and Brand Awareness goals for its new product line.