We send a newsletter each week to cover industry news, including Bidtellect updates. Don’t miss out! Subscribe here!
Congratulations to Bidtellectuals of the Week Tj, Dre, and Luke, who stepped up to help a fellow employee! We love to see it!
2nd Virtual All Hands? Success!
Last week’s virtual All Hands was a success! Bidtellectuals across the country gathered over Zoom to talk 2022 strategic vision and departmental goals. Bonus highlights include: employee fun facts, Bidtellect Bingo, a cooking demo, paint party, and movement activities! We loved seeing everyone’s smiling faces, even if it was through a screen. We can’t wait ’til we can meet in person once again. The future’s looking bright, Bidtellectuals!
On the left: Bidtellectuals showcase their creative side with a Paint the Town Paint Party! On the right: Bidtellect CEO Lon Otremba cooks up Cajun Shrimp for our Bidtellect Top Chef Cooking Demo.
Around the Industry:
- Looking for a holiday gift? Why not buy a jingle? The songwriters’ royalty for ‘The Best Part of Wakin’ Up’ of Folgers commercials is on the auction block (Adweek)!
- Is there any validity to “The Great Resignation”? Maybe. More than 15 million U.S. workers have left their jobs since April, and 40% of employees surveyed in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Singapore and the United Kingdom say they’re “somewhat likely” to quit in the next three to six months (McKinsey, 2021).
- Is the cookieless future really here? The IAB’s 2021 “State of Data” report estimated $12.3 billion in spending last year on third-party audience data, as well as $8.0 billion on data activation solutions. Most of the audience data spending—$7.3 billion—went toward data used for digital channels (IAB via eMarketer, 2021)
- Consumers (still) prefer nonintrusive ads, especially as they get savvier. A solid majority (63%) of adblock users said they’d be willing to accept ads on websites if their ad experiences were light and nonintrusive, per a Blockthrough survey (eMarketer, 2021)
- Due to its most recent lawsuit, Facebook will modify the way it displays potential reach and interest category predictions in Ads Manager so that advertisers see a range rather than a specific number – i.e. it’s way less specific (Adexchanger).
Creatives of the Week:
Each week, we’ll share some of our most engaging creatives out in the wild!
Both of these images have been top creatives of the week before – if it works, it works! In both, clear images featuring either a person or the product and complementary copy lead to success.
Read more about Bidtellect’s creative services team, [b]+studio.
Is Your Holiday Creative Ready?
It’s going to be a high-spend year for shoppers! But remember: no matter how great your platform’s placement and optimization capabilities, bad creative will kill engagement faster than you can say “naughty list.” Download our onesheet for our mandatory creative tips to adjust your campaigns for success.
Robots! Bidtellect Executes Awareness Strategy for New to Market Robot Walking Companion, Exceeds Goals Across Formats
Tasked with creating awareness and driving purchases within a niche audience and set of DMAs, Bidtellect maximized its context-driven capabilities across Native Video and Responsive Native Display for campaign success