PRESS RELEASE: Bidtellect Releases Cookieless Context Demographic Targeting Feature, Industry First
Bidtellect is excited to collaborate with BidSwitch to announce the success of its SmartSwitch technology to optimize bidstream processing, save on listening costs, and ultimately drive performance.
To quote Arthur Hainline, Bidtellect VP of Product: “Bidtellect’s Context Demographics has three distinct advantages over traditional third-party data demographics targeting. First, it is cookieless and so its scale will not diminish as the addressable web shrinks. Second, it is cheaper than the vast majority of third party demographics data. Third, instead of sifting through studies for various demographic providers, buyers can manage and balance their accuracy and scale directly. The accuracy of Bidtellect’s new targeting option is self-evident.”
Talk about powering smarter advertising.
What You Need To Know For the Holiday Shopping Season
New data from Criteo published in Mediapost found that 30% of consumers will try a new online store because of early holiday deals, well ahead of Black Friday. That means your creative assets should feature sales and deals in its headline/copy, and that you should start reaching consumers sooner rather than later. In fact, reach cosumers with “context discovery:” one-quarter of consumers research purchases one month before their Black Friday buys. Facebook found that 63% of global shoppers surveyed enjoyed discovering items they weren’t actively looking for.
Around the Industry:
- A study from MAGNA Media Trials and Disney Advertising Sales released today called “No News Is Bad News: Ads in News & Other Types of Content,” finds advertising in a reliable news source creates stronger brand effectiveness. People found news content to be more valuable, trustworthy and interesting. But reliability is key: 57% of respondents said marketers should vet news sources before advertising (Forbes).
- Speaking of news, it continues to move online. The New York Times Company said on Wednesday that it added 455,000 new digital subscriptions in the third quarter, a gain that keeps the publisher on pace to reach its stated goal of 10 million subscriptions by 2025 (The New York Times).
- US TV advertisers will increase their upfront TV spending by 7.6% this year to $19.90 billion – a return to pre-pandemic normalcy (BusinessInsider).
- Holiday travel is returning, but lingering habits and health and safety concerns linger from the pandemic: About twice as many travelers plan to road trip (70%) versus fly (37%), citing enjoyment (38%) and convenience (28%) as the top reasons, above health (12%), according to Deloitte’s latest study. Another pandemic trend? Renting. 43% of those staying in rentals over the holidays tried this lodging type for the first time during the pandemic (Deloitte).
- ICYMI: Facebook is officially changing its corporate name to Meta, distancing itself from its namesake social platform that launched in 2004. BUT apparently they may face a trademark battle, as a startup that sells computers, disk drives, keyboards, and other devices filed for the patent in 2020 – well before Facebook’s announcement (BusinessInsider).
- Gartner released its fourth annual Magic Quadrant for buy-side technology and the buzz is: keep your eye on Amazon. It’s “rubbing shoulders” with the “leader” quadrant, which includes Google, The Trade Desk, Adobe, Amobee, Adform and Mediaocean. (Adexchanger).
Creatives of the Week:
Each week, we’ll share some of our most engaging creatives out in the wild!
On the left, a top engaging creative in Spanish! We love our team’s multilingual capabilities, and above is proof of our commitment to performance no matter the market. On the right, a listicle in the headline always lead to high engagement, and this content will provide valuable information.
Read more about Bidtellect’s creative services team, [b]+studio.
5 WAYS TECHNOLOGY CAN CREATE A BRAND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ADVERTISERS
How can advertisers ensure their ads are seen positively “in the wild” and not found somewhere that comprises their brand integrity, privacy, even safety? We cover 5 of the most common problems.
Post-COVID Trends You Need Now
The top trends in a post-covid economy include a new work normal, a looming cookieless future, ecommerce and native discovery. Read it now!
Read it Now:
NEW CASE STUDY: Bidtellect Achieves 309% Overall IO Increase With Consistent Conversion Performance
A favorite regional Zoo forced to close due to the pandemic turned to Bidtellect to let customers know about their reopening plans and newly-implemented safety and sanitization measures. To overcome conversion setbacks due to an antiquated web host, Bidtellect implemented sophisticated contextual targeting and retargeting measures that drove conversions and surpassed goals