Spring is here and summer is right around the corner. It is time to get ahead on your summer travel campaigns and advertisements. Here are the latest trends and tips to make your programmatic campaigns take off!
People Are Excited About Spring & Summer Travel
With warmer weather and summer vacation ahead, travel plans are almost inevitable. We are seeing an upward trend in excitement to travel in the coming months. Last year was all about covid-restrictions and sanitary measures, this year is all about luxury and epic travel destinations.
People are excited about traveling this spring and summer:
- 81.0% of American travelers report strong excitement for their travel this year and 86.2% are in a ready-to-travel state-of-mind (Destination Analysts, 2022)
- A record high 57.9% feel we are closer to normal in the U.S (Destination Analysts, 2022)
- Americans saying they are avoiding international travel is down to a record low 52.0% (Destination Analysts, 2022)
- This year the likelihood of spring travel is even higher for hybrid workers (86%) and millennials (75%) (Vacasa, February 2022)
- Family and friend events were the activities most likely to encourage a trip in 2022 (45% and 32%, respectively) (Vacasa, February 2022).
On the other hand, rising gas prices are a concern for travel plans:
Booking (And Advertising) Travel Online Is More Popular Than Ever
As travel tends to pick up around this time of the year, gross bookings increase simultaneously. Travelers are looking to book online more frequently than ever before, as well as looking for luxury travel experiences. What does this mean for advertisers? Adjust messaging and photos to appeal to those looking for luxury and leisure through nice hotel rooms, lounges, etc. Also, use context-driven targeting to reach consumers on luxury travel blogs and websites. Luxury travel is in, and so is online booking. Get a head start on summer travel trends with your ads.
Bucket List Trips, Epic Destinations, & Group Travel Is The Move
It is safe to say that after a few summers of being cooped up by the pandemic that people are ready to travel again. A recent study by Longwoods International found that only 2 in 10 travelers say that COVID-19 will greatly impact their decision to travel in the next six months. Not only to travel, but to begin crossing off Bucket List travel destinations. Last summer, we saw an increase in travel by cars due to the worry of flying during the pandemic. This summer, it is expected that epic travel destinations by plane will be in the forefront. People are itching to plan their next epic destination vacation with family and friends.
- In a survey of 12,000 travelers in 12 countries, 68% of respondents are planning to “go big” on their next trip (Expedia, 2021)
- One travel company reported a jump in searches to “epic destinations” (Amadeus, 2021)
- There’s been a reported 600% rise in bookings for groups of over 20 people, while searches for popular destinations for groups of friends have doubled (Amadeus, 2021)
- Vacation home bookings were up between 30 and 60 percent in small cities and resort destinations compared to 2019 (NY Times, 2022)
Video Ads Build Trust & Recognition
Using video in your advertisements can help build trust and recognition from the consumer. Online videos have the ability to bring a destination to life and they allow for the consumers to see the experience they are looking for. Capture the attention of your audience by utilizing an expert in programmatic video delivery who can target, optimize and reach your captive audience like Bidtellect.
Not All Video Ads Are Created Equal
Bidtellect delivers access to in content video placements at unparalleled scale. We leverage our proprietary real-time optimization algorithms, multiple formats including Instream and Outstream-Native, and pricing options – offering brands a solution to reach your target audience within premium content they are consuming.
Download our Video Solutions Onesheet to learn more:
Reach Your Target Travel Consumer: A Holistic, Privacy-First Approach With Bidtellect
Bidtellect Benchmarks – Travel
- .25% CTR – Responsive Rate
- 79% VCR
- 60 Secs Avg Time on Site
Contextual Targeting + Optimization + Audience Creation
Reach your audience in contextually-relevant environments. We combine our context-driven solutions with audience creation to reach the most interested and relevant consumers in your category. Prepare for the cookieless-future while reaching performance goals in your vertical.
Access to Travel Consumers:
3P Travel Audiences:
Utilize Bidtellect’s 3P data partners to reach users who show patterns similar to your campaign’s target audiences.
- In Market – By Destination, Hotel Searchers, By Airport
- Traveler Types – Family, Business, Leisure, Budget, Roadtrippers
- Booking Windows
- Competitive Brand Conquesting