This Week’s Newsletter: Happy Mother’s Day! Bill & Melinda’s Divorce, High Consumer Spend Projected, & More. This Week in Digital Advertising: May 7th, 2021
Congratulations to Bidtellectual of the Week Missy Steiner!
A very Happy Mother’s Day to all our mothers and caregivers! Wishing you an extra restful weekend.
Happy Mother’s Day!
If you’re stuck with some last minute campaign planning and missed our post last week, this is your saving grace! Better yet, we have a swanky onesheet now. Be sure to download it here. Expect record-breaking spend, a modest return to in-person experiences, and creative gift-giving to show extra appreciation for a trying year.
Around the Industry:
- Recovery and consumer spend is looking bright: personal income surged 21.1% back on a month-to-month basis in March, according to eMarketer – the biggest monthly increase on record dating back to 1959. The metric is a strong indicator for consumer spending ability. Cha-ching.
- PE firm Apollo Global Management announced its intention to acquire Verizon Media for $5 billion. The new company will be called Yahoo (I know) and Verizon will maintain a minority 10% stake in it. The price tag covers all the various parts of Verizon Media: a DSP, SSP, native ad marketplace, AOL, TechCrunch, Yahoo, Flurry, Engadget and other media and technology sundries.
- Doritos Mexico debuted a heartwarming Mother’s Day ad featuring two moms in an aim to reach and represent LGBTQ+ families.
- Why hasn’t programmatic fully caught on with CTV? Well, a lot of reasons. From identity challenges to supply shortages, Adexchanger does a great deep dive here.
- Oh hellooooo, Bitcoin gains. Square reported 266% YoY revenue growth and crushed earnings expectations.
Everyone is freaking out over Bill and Melinda Gates divorce announcement after 27 years of marriage. What’s that cost breakdown look like? Among the gossip is “problems for years” and Bill’s annual weekend away with his ex-gf.
- Bidtellect introduced the beta stage of its FIRST-EVER online training certification program. Master Bidtellect’s unique platform trading capabilities, gain insider industry knowledge, and earn certifications to share with your network on LinkedIn. Get certified here.
- Sick of WFH? Here are 5 Ways to Make WFH More Productive by Director of Account Management Lysa Vincent. Because WFH can be productive and stress-free – no matter how many little ones are in Zoom school (and P.S. give yourself some grace).
- Wondering what a world without cookies is going to look like? Here’s what contextual means for the industry, according to Bidtellect CTO Mike Conway.
Case Study of the Week: A Creative Solution Wins Over A Legal Conundrum and Boosts Engagement
A leading U.S. wireless provider sought to gain subscribers by tracking new users that engaged with their landing page after seeing their Native Ads. Read more here.