by Missy Steiner | Jan, 2020
Bidtellect Case Study: How A Leading University Targeted Content To Reach Students Across Multiple Geos
This major university tasked Bidtellect with reaching targeted 18+ students and parents of high school students within specified geos while driving engagement and video completions as their main KPIs. Bidtellect’s large scale and optimization capabilities proved successful.
SOLUTIONS & TACTICS
Bidtellect leveraged all devices and native products to identify which were the best performers for the KPIs. Bidtellect created tactical strategies to maximize on those learnings along with optimizations to retarget users. In addition, the team implemented Bidtellect’s proprietary Engagement Code™ for in-depth analysis on users’ post-click engagement within the landing page.
- Contextually target across News, Business, Personal Finance, Science, Health & Wellness, Education, Technology, Computing & Gaming categories.
- Leverage different supply partners and maximize learnings throughout the life of the campaign for high performance.
- Reach the targeted audiences across the following geo locations: Alabama, Columbus GA, Panama City, Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, Atlanta, & Albany, GA.
- Leveraged Bidtellect’s proprietary Engagement Code to understand Avg. Time on Site, Sessions, and Bounce Rate and optimized towards highest engagements.
*For more on Bidtellect’s Engagement Score™, click here.
Bidtellect averaged a high 7.5 out of 10 Engagement ScoreTM. The average Time on Site came in at a whopping 1 minute and 48 seconds. The video completion rate finalized at 77.4%.
Top Contextual Category:
Best Performing Month: June
Best Performing Month, Video: August
Average Time On Site
by Missy Steiner | Nov, 2019
Native Delivers Optimal Reach
How this popular manufacturer of cherry flavored liquorice utilized content marketing to reach impulse consumers.
This brand has always been an “Adopter” as opposed to a “First Mover” when it comes to marketing and media. Case and point: TV remained their primary channel even with their late foray into multichannel marketing. Following diminishing returns with TV marketing, they started to invest heavily in Digital (especially Display, Social, and Search). They decided to “test-drive” Native ad placements to reach more consumers and drive sales.
- Content marketing trends are shifting to reach impulse consumers (as opposed to loyal, need-based, and targeted ones). In order for the brand to establish leadership in the emerging category, they needed to shift brand-to-segment campaigns to brand-to-channel.
- The brand does not sell off their website due to the perishable nature of their products. This makes it difficult to track sales and effectiveness of using a Native strategy.
- Search and Social had been huge in the past for the brand, but began lagging. They wanted to revitalize these once effective channels.
SOLUTIONS & TACTICS
- Bidtellect was able to show that Native is effective in delivering general reach (for impulse consumers) as well as targeted audience segments. We encouraged immediate testing on a smaller-scale in an effort to learn and apply successful strategies into larger campaigns the following year.
- Bidtellect applied Native strategy to Social. We took their existing social media assets and distributed the content across the open web, thus amortizing their initial social investment and reaching a much larger audience.
- The brand decided to test all their products first across all devices aside from video. Primary optimization was set to CTR and secondary to viewability with a strict 50% or better viewability standard. They chose contextual optimization and within the U.S. only.
Primary optimization: CTR. After one month, overall CTR was at .38% , with a strong eCPC of $0.74.
Secondary optimization: Viewbility requirments of >70% were satisfied.
We continue to block CTRs that are below the average across Sites (domains) and Placements (locations within sites). Once adding in video, VCR reached 71.72%.