Cookieless? We Got This.
The cookieless future may be (almost) present, but with the right alternative targeting and optimization technologies, brands and advertisers will have nothing to worry about. Reaching target audiences, decision-makers, and protecting brand safety is a breeze thanks to context solutions combined with audience and ID alternatives. Read more here.
The Background: Privacy and the Cookieless Movement
The Cookie Phase Out:
- When GDPR (and subsequently CCPA) became enforceable, the number of third-party cookies used per webpage drastically declined, and the trend has continued.
- Apple’s Safari internet browser blocks all third-party cookies. It’s used by an estimated 1 billion users worldwide.
- By comparison, an estimated 3.4 billion internet users use Google Chrome as their main browser worldwide. Google Chrome is scheduled to phase out third-party cookies in late 2024.
Technology & Advertisers Are Still Behind:
- 8 in 10 US marketers and publishers were still relying primarily on third-party cookies to determine the identity of their audiences as of 2021, according to eMarketer.
- While many have shifted their strategies over the last year or so, multiple ad tech execs told eMarketer that “advertisers will be transacting on cookies until the day they can’t anymore.”
The Power of Context: Performance for Native & Beyond
Get ahead of the cookie curve. Reach more relevant audiences and industry decision-makers where they are consuming content thanks to context. Contextual targeting seamlessly integrates your ads into relevant content users are already consuming, and provides higher engagement and greater cost efficiencies, especially in combination with Bidtellect’s context-driven optimization engine.
With Bidtellect, brands can discover, align with, and optimize against the content on any webpage thanks to smarter contextual tools that drive performance with unrivaled accuracy and scale.
- Bidtellect began as a native specialist demand-side platform. With native ads, we needed to evaluate the contextual information on the page to create an ad that blended seamlessly into its environment.
- Bidtellect then began maximizing context-first technology for its performance abilities.
- Bidtellect has gone on to build the most sophisticated contextual solutions of any DSP while extending these successes to other channels and formats beyond native.
Bidtellect has consistently pushed our technology forward, and now utilizes a combined contextual approach within our platform: the industry’s best third-party contextual integrations plus our unique proprietary contextual targeting solutions and our context-driven optimization engine.
Benefits of Contextual Targeting:
- Seamless integration into content users are already consuming
- Higher engagement
- Greater cost efficiencies, especially combined with Bidtellect’s context-driven optimization engine
- Scales across formats: Responsive Native, Display, Video Units, and High Impact Units
Bidtellect’s Contextual Targeting Tools:
- First-to-market context demographics targeting
- Category targeting
- Keyword targeting
- Interest targeting
- Inventory quality targeting
- B2B targeting: Bidtellect + Bombora Partnership
Bidtellect’s optimization engine maximizes performance, spend, and ROI for advertisers completely using context-driven technology. Contextual optimization is the foundation of Bidtellect’s bidding technology.
What the heck is AARDvark? Bidtellect’s Automatic Algorithmic Rate Determination tool utilizes multiple contextual signals (placement, type of ad, device, surrounding context, channel, viewability) and non-PII identifiers to identify where certain subsets of audiences frequent. Our algorithms then make intelligent decisions as to the value of those placements. This is layered with a refined approach utilizing natural language processing technology at the page URL level.
ID Solutions: LiveRamp RampID
Bidtellect partnered with one of the largest companies in the space, LiveRamp to utilize their Universal IDs, RampID. Additionally, The Trade Desk’s TDID 2.0 is on our product roadmap for future adoption. These not only prepare us for the cookieless future, but allow us to almost completely negate match rate when there is participation from DMP and SSP partners, as well as grow and expand our attribution and audience-targeting capability beyond Bidtellect’s own universe.
Recap: Bidtellect’s Contextual Tools Set You Up for Success in the Cookieless Future
Bidtellect’s contextual targeting and optimization capabilities plus ID solutions drive performance for advertisers without relying on traditional cookie-based advertising approaches.
- Native Context Expertise
- Contextual Targeting
- Context-Driven Optimization Tools
- Not Cookie Dependent
- Post-Cookie Identity Solutions
Read More: Back to Basics: Contextual Targeting vs. Optimization And Why It Matters Now